Pageviews from the past week

Sunday 6 March 2011

Motivation


So just oer a year since I started I have finally hit the half way mark. I weighed myself this morning because the next few days are going to be flat out and i wanted to get this post out.

I'm not sure what is motivating me, sometimes I wonder why I'm doing this, after a long week of exercise and not much food, I'm tired and grumpy, I stand on the scales and the loss doesn't make me happy anymore, it used too but now I expect it. Good things are happening though,; my eating habits have changed, simple things like take aways are now treats rather then normality, and for me this is new territory..... My weight now is 150.7kg. I've never been this weight as a fully grown adult. When I stopped growing I was over 24st. I've been reading other blogs written by other people and they go on about how they would like to do the things that they have not been able to do and this is what drives them.

Well, I've never thought that, if I wanted to do something I went and did it, I've don't know what it's like to be a fully grown adult who weighs 18 stone, because it's never happened. So these are new times, everything from this point is new as far as I'm concerned, and so far, I've not noticed any difference except for now I can run just over 4k without stopping which I could never do before, but on the other hand I've never tried.

I'm sure as i start to loose more weight, things i like doing will become easier and I will enjoy them more, become better at them and so on but I never didn't enjoy doing things.

So we shall see, as the loss starts to slow I'll need to find new things to motivate me, perhaps smaller waist trousers or longer runs, for the time being I'll keep plodding along.

No comments:

Post a Comment